{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Challenge Accepted

I discovered a couple of years ago that I stuggle with anger and control issues. I don't know which came first, but when I analyze my actions I notice they play strongly on one another. I think this leads to anxiety. I have taken measures to minimize that, and it's been successful thus far. Also, I decided that I complain way too much. I can't find much to be thankful for, and it's because of that anger and control I stuggle to maintain. I heard on the radio one morning, the Proverbs 31 Ministries plug on KSBJ, a challenge to go one hour without complaining. Then try to take it up to a full day, and a full week, and then it will become a part of your lifestlye, just as the Bible directs us in Philippians 2 "do everything without grumbling or arguing". The Bible talks about grumbling more in Corinthians, Psalm, Matthew, Exodus, Numbers, John 6:43 "Stop grumbling", and 1 Peter. Agh, so I assume, it's a good thing to stop. Which leads me to my point: accepting Proverbs 31 ministries' challenge. It needs to be a part of my lifestyle to stop and be thankful.

I bought a journal so I can write these thoughts out. When I have a negative thought, I'll write it out and possibly a description if necessary, and then I'll write something I'm thankful for about that negative thought. For example: I really don't like slow drivers. But I'm thankful I have a car with air conditioning that gets me to my job in the morning, and that God gets me there safely.

1 comment:

Emily Powell said...

that's a really good idea. maybe that's why we get along so well...I am way to negative as well when I have no right or reason to be!