{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Exasperated

Disclaimer: I didn't proofread, hope it's not too confusing

I wanted to rant and rave in this post and just have an all around throw down about this house buying business. But, I'm tired and I don't have the energy. Just know I'm beyond frustrated and let's just say it, mad. I want to get in the shower and just cry kind of mad, you know? So that no one can hear you, there's time to pray and give your heart to the Lord. I don't have enough time in my day for that, so I'll probably end up with a giant milkshake watching The Voice; which sounds quite appealing.

So, a while ago I mentioned we were buying a house. Everyone from our builder to our loan consultant was confident in our purchasing power. So, I got excited and pinned ideas all over pinterest with decorating ideas and furniture.

Then we got stuck with possibly the worst loan processor on the planet. She is a terrible communicator and frankly untimely. I wish she was reading this, so she would know how bad at her job she is. Our first phone interview with her was dandy (April 4). She emailed shortly after a follow up with instructions. Ryan got all of our paperwork necessary for buying a house together probably 2 weeks before we actually had to submit it, so we had to sign a few documents/disclaimers and we were good to go. The loan processor looked at all of our papers for 2 weeks! She just sat there and held them in her inbox or something for 2 weeks and did nothing! [is there punctuation stronger than an exclamation mark?]

She calls a second time (Friday April 19) and talks to me. After doing nothing for two weeks she calls and asks about a letter from Ryan's employer asking about over time. Well, in the midst of all of this Ryan was offered a job here in Crosby which he took and started last Monday, so uh no we can't get a letter about over time. I knew this would make the process difficult, but we should have already had approval, but the dimwit processor is just that, DIM! Monday she calls again (April 22)! Maybe I liked her silence better. She calls and asks the same questions she did two days prior, and basically tells us our numbers don't look good. Ryan tells her she's crazy basically and she tells him she'll check with her manager and get back with us. An hour after she tells Ryan this, she emails him and says all is fine, she's sending our papers to the underwriter. Oh yay, so I think. She says she'll get back with us in about a week.

So, here we are a week later on April 29th, no word from the dimwit. I email her Friday the 3rd, just in case. I don't hear from her. I email a second time today the 7th, and she emails me back a few hours later saying she sent a follow-up email to Ryan on May 1st asking for the documentation she said we wouldn't need. She sent it to his Baker Hughes email, his last day was April 22nd, he didn't get that email. She didn't send two emails, didn't try to call, and didn't try to contact me at all. Really? I emailed her two days after she sent her follow up email and she waited until I emailed twice before responding?! We've gone full circle and then some people. It's been one month and three days and she still has no answers for us! Of course I responded to her email today, so I should hear back some dimwitted excuse on Friday? Monday? It's anyone's guess. Can I request a new loan processor?

Well look at that. It did turn into a rant.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I know what you really want right now is a loan, not advice, but here's some anyway. It's free, and it's probably worth what you paid for it, and all those other cliches. Maybe try a totally different lender? Local credit union or community bank?

Emily Powell said...

So sorry! I know this sounds dumb but if its meant to work it will!