{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Friday, April 12, 2013

Serious Tunes

I really enjoy music. I don't typically listen to secular music, with the exception of Florence & The Machine, John Mayer, Katy Perry (I know right), Adele, and a few country artists like Lady A. I usually listen to contemporary Christian music. You probably think I'm a total loser, super conservative who wears her bun too tight. I'm not, bt-dubs [I say that phrase all the time, but it looks weird spelled out]. I don't like to wear my hair tight, it gives me headaches, I am conservative, but there are a lot of gray lines in life, not the Bible. I'm not a loser; in fact I think I'm pretty cool and there are a lot of cool, incredibly talented Christian artists.

My faves right now include: Need to Breathe, Kari Jobe, Phil Whickham, Family Force Five, David Crowder Band, The City Harmonic, ....you get the picture. Only two of these bands play traditional worship songs, the rest play great music.

Listen to these:

It's definitely a wide range. Enjoy

1 comment:

Emily Powell said...

I'll be honest...I don't really listen to Christian music but I do like John Mayer and Florence and the machine!