{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Celebration

We had a pretty low key Valentine's Day, as usual. We did gifts on Valentine's day and celebrated with dinner on Friday. The week before V day, Ryan took me to Academy, because there was a little .22 pistol on super sale, and he said he wanted to buy it for me. So, we got my pistol a week before (but he still wrapped it).

Valentine's Decor
 I used a free printable from pinterest and taped it on the glass, because it's a pain to get things perfect in that frame. I created the banner on Word, and used my XO blocks from last year.

Valentine's Day
I made homemade chicken pot pie. I punched out a heart with a knife and days later realized I have a heart shaped cookie cutter, ahh it's still cute.
Gifts: Ryan's on the left, mine on the right.
I got Ryan some pink bubblegum instead of chocolate(he likes to chew gum and pink was festive), a blue shirt with pink stripes (also festive), and tickets to the Chris Tomlin, Kari Jobe, and Loui Giglio show. 
Ryan got me the .22 of course, a body pillow (because I complain about my back) and tickets to La Bayadere, the ballet! So excited. I asked for no candy, flowers, or card. We're on a budget. He did buy me some skittles though.

I also made these cute cards for my cheerleaders. I crocheted a heart and glued it to the felt ribbon and attached it to a bobby pin.

The night after we had our Valentine dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We got a giftcard for Christmas.


1 comment:

Emily Powell said...

I love the cards you made for your cheerleaders. so cute!