{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Run for your lives!

I just realized I didn't post about the zombie 5k I did with my sister-in-law.

The objective was to finish the race with all of your flags. We ran in the second wave of the morning, and I'm pretty sure the zombies were full of energy, because 90% of the people in our wave lost their flags; including me and my sister-in-law. It was bogus. I got to the very end--and I'm not exaggerating when I say there were about fifteen more zombies standing between me and victory and the last zombie in the field almost tackled me as she stole my last flag!! Legit, there's a picture taken by the photographer where one of the last two zombies is grabbing my wrist and the other has thrown herself towards me in an attempt to take me to the ground and I'm slapping their hands away with a crazy look on my face trying to get away. I came out with a few scratches on my right arm and a strained muscle from the last sprint. I was so very angry, and my sister-in-law said she was ashamed and proud of the way I was handling the zombies. I've never run so fast in my life. I could hardly move for almost a week; all of my muscles were sore. I vowed to never do anything like that again, because it made me very violent and running sucks! Ha, but we'll see how that goes.



1 comment:

Emily Powell said...

Looks so fun! I was so sad we couldn't make it but you should be glad. I told Jonathan to use you as a body shield and sacrifice you to the zombies if need be...