{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Monday, October 29, 2012

Press On

I wanted to title this post "crap", but refrained. Instead, I'm pressing on. Desperately trying to cling to God's promises and not make a big deal out of earthly shortcomings.

I started training for the temporary job on Monday. I learned pretty much everything I could possibly learn with the exception of some details on expense reports, p.o.'s on the computer, and everyone's extension on the phones. The boss came to me on Thursday and said that I could finish the week, but I wasn't to come back until November 12. Cue the crap.

It was frustrating for so many reasons:
     -I need money
     -Everyone who works there made a BIG deal out of it, and embarrassed me
     -I feel like I didn't listen to the Lord in making the decision to leave the last job

I'm too prideful to ask for my old job back, and my back still hurts, so I'm I probably couldn't even do it. It's not an unbearable pain, just an obnoxious pain. I can work out and live normally, but there's something wrong with it. It's not as bad as it was, but I'm still aware of it. I think the cold is making it ache.

I feel defeated once again and I feel stupid. I don't know what the Lord is doing and I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I will press on, I will seek the Lord, and I will not let the world bring me down.