{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Yellow Ikat

yes please. I bought two rugs for the bedroom from Homegoods. I really love that store.

They're (30" by 50") 2.5 ft by 4 ft. (roughly translated). They fit perfectly in the spaces. I love the print and we needed two. Score, rarely can you find two of the same product at that store. There were a lot of ikat print rugs, but way too colorful for our bedroom. Now, the walls are purple in the room, so the only thing I was trying to match were our things; our comforter, lamps, and personal style. The bottoms of the rugs are just the same cotton material, so they move. I've seen on pinterest that some people use caulk to make a rug that slips stay put. We'll see.
With the comforter. I think the colors go really well and the pattern on the comforter is subtle, so they work together. When I can get the room in order I'll take a better picture.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love them! And yes, I love HomeGoods, too. I'm curious about if the caulk thing works. I saw that, too, but I didn't try it because the rug in question was reversible, so I'd be ruining a perfectly good "replacement" rug.

Emily Powell said...

I LOVE those!