{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Surprise

After a month hiatus I'm back. I tend to do this a lot. Between our new work schedules and moving there's been hardly enough time to sleep, let alone blog. But here I am to give you some dirt.

We moved in almost a month ago, back to Ryan's parents' house. Let's leave that as it is. I'm not ready to talk about it.

Ryan started his day schedule and two weeks after that they changed the entire warehouses schedule. The doofus from corporate is making every employee work 12 days on and two days off. So that means Ryan works Monday to Friday (normal week), Saturday and then Monday to Friday with the weekend off. Bummer. I just get him back and now they want him to work on our weekends. Dumb. So, he'll work two Saturdays a month. It could be worse. The guy wanted everyone to work two Saturdays and two Sundays a month, but hr said no to Sundays. What gets me is now the company has to pay every employee one full day of overtime when maybe 3% of the employees ever work overtime. Sounds like they'll start losing money pretty soon.

On my job front. I'm quitting. Well, actually, I already quit. Friday was my last day. This is going to be hard to put into words. So, let me work it out a little more before I explain myself. I guess it comes down to being healthy and serving the Lord. I felt like the job itself was preventing me from those two things. It'll make more sense when I get the words right. For now, I'm taking a temporary receptionist job where my mom works and hopefully the company will hire me full time. I don't really know and I'm not worrying about it either. I'll just pray.

We're moving on, moving forward.

2 comments:

Emily Powell said...

WOW! lots of changes. keep me updated on all of the details!

Kelli said...

I feel your pain on the work deal. Pat's been working twelve hour days for like a month now! I'm so over the overtime. I hope the receptionist job works out well for you!