{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Monday, August 13, 2012

Moving on again

So, our lease is up on our apartment...

(the day we got the keys)
and we were faced with two options. 1 being homeless (just kidding). 1. Find a rental house or 2. Move back to Crosby. With my new job being on the North side and so close to Ryan's we were thinking of renting a house in the Humble area. However, the in-laws asked us to move back in with them.

Remember we made the move to the west side of Houston for my previous job. It was 1 mile away. Ryan's commute was longer, but I had driven an hour to work and an hour home from work for a year, so it was a good compromise. So, moving now is our only option as we're both currently working on the opposite side of Houston. We really hate living in the city anyway.

We like our apartment and being able to establish our own place, but we don't like renting. So, we accepted Ryan's parents' offer and we're moving back to Crosby.
I know what you're thinking. A big question mark right? Well here is the logic.
  • We both work on that side of town
  • Our student loan payments are outrageous and we'll be able to put more money towards paying them down
  • Ryan is starting school soon and we need to be able to pay for it
  • We won't have to pay rent saving us roughly $1000 a month
  • We'll be back at our home church!!
We have big plans to pay off the credit card and put some serious cash towards student loans to get rid of some of this debt. I'm really excited to be going back home, that is to Crosby. I miss my friends and church and I honestly like suburban living. Granted, it's not my own place, yet (it's a secret), but it's where we want to be.

No comments: