{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Friday, May 4, 2012

It's not delivery

and it's not DiGiorno. It's homemade. I've been using the meat that I got from a friend's dad and we had some hamburger meat. I always use hamburger meat to make burgers or tacos. So, I decided this week to do something different. I was going to make calzones with a recipe from a cookbook I got as a wedding gift and when I started making dinner tonight Ryan said to make them pizzas. And I did. We had homemade pizza with hamburger on it. I'm not typically a fan of hamburger or sausage on my pizza, but I figured we had it, so why not.

I found a pizza crust recipe on pinterest and just went for it. The pizza crust was just as easy as the homemade buns I made last week. I didn't calculate how much dough there would be, so I have a lot leftover. I think it would have made four pizzas (small pizzas). I brushed the dough with olive oil and parsley. I used tomato sauce seasoned with some Italian herbs and garlic and put the hamburger on top. I sprinkled the pizzas with mozzarella and I topped it off with onions and bellpeppers.

(They're real small pizzas. Two fit on one cutting board, but one pizza fed both Ryan and I)
 
YUM! I highly recommend this recipe for pizza crust. I think I let them cook about three minutes too long. But they were still delicious and crispy, just how I like my pizza. I also like that I could put as much sauce as I wanted. I think pizza places use too much sauce and they're always to sugary for my taste. I'm so proud of my little pizzas.

No comments: