{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Monday, January 30, 2012

Overdue

So, I've mentioned several times that I still had Christmas decorations up as of last week. Well, They finally came down this weekend. Ryan had to help me and it took this long to coordinate our schedules. Our apartment requested, several weeks ago, that no one put their Christmas trees in the dumpsters. Okay. Well we definitely missed the throw your tree out two weeks after Christmas train and knew we'd look like fools dragging it around town on the car to a place that disposes of the trees. So, Ryan hacked it up with his giant knife, we stuffed in in three garbage bags and snuck it in the dumpster. I know what you're thinking, we're terrbile landfill overloading fools who didn't plan well. Give me a break; next year we'll plan better. I suggested throwing the tree over the fence in the back where we park, because there's a narrow strip of grass and brush, but in the dumpster she went.


 What a mess!


If it's any consolation, the pine needles were so dry they were like thorns.
I've now got Valentine's Day decorations up. I'm ahead of the curve.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

lol. I can just see Ryan hacking it up with a knife...very Dexter. Next year you guys should haul her (her being the tree) to Crosby and join in our bonfire! It was great fun this year.