{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

It was a wonderful Christmas this year. I'm not sure how it got here so fast, but the year just flew by! I'm so thankful for a wonderful year and a wonderful husband to spend the morning celebrating the birth of our Savior. We did our traditions as planned from last year except for advent, and we did not go to the candlelight service. Ryan worked some crazy overtime before and after Christmas day, so we weren't able to make it to a service. We didn't watch a Christmas movie either, just Bones, but we did drink cocoa.

We woke up on Christmas, I made breakfast, we listened to Michael Buble's Christmas album and opened stockings. Coco was first so he could wear his sweater and have his treat. It was a giant bone. I was really into the three wisemen gifts this year; one for spirit, mind and body. However, Ryan got me like a thousand gifts, so I made him choose three and the rest were "stocking stuffers" even though they didn't fit in my stocking.

Ryan never asks for much; if he asks for anything. He just bought a new radio for his car, because he had to change the battery and when he did his mp3 player converter he installed shorted out and messed up his radio. So, he bought one a couple of months ago, on the cheap, and installed it himself. It's pretty great. All that to say, he didn't get much, but he got everything on his birthday/Christmas list with the exception of a nice barbeque pit which we can't use now anyway. His family and my famiy made it possible to cross everything off his list, now I have to make a new one and it took me all year to finalize the one we just destroyed!

Stocking stuffers
Coco: A hat and scarf (that he hates), a new green sweater, a giant rawhide bone, and a green bone that I crocheted for him.

Me: Fortune cookies, skittles, chapstick, a new IPod touch, a micro SD card and converter, leopard print Coach shoes, a pearl and ruby necklace, and Left for Dead 2 for XBox. (I know these seem like huge gifts, but Ryan swears he got great deals).

Ryan: Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, and Modern Warfare 3 (he wanted them), the new Switchfoot album, the new Michael Buble, and a new band we discovered and enjoy Icon for Hire, fancy socks, practical socks, and an airbrush paint thing and yellow paint for the radio in his car (I know my gifts pale in comparison to his; I suck).

Our Three Gifts
Me: An ice blue KitchenAid mixer (gorgeous), a Michael Kors leather jacket (smokin'!), and a pair of black patent leather, sling back, peep toe Jimmy Choo's (!)


Ryan: A suede sportscoat with matching tie, a pair of Monster brand headphones, a netbook for school (I forgot to mention Ryan is registered for classes :)

I have a hilarious video for you of Coco opening his stocking. He knew the giant bone was in it all week and on Christmas morning couldn't wait to dig in.



We got some great things from our families, but the list is long, so if they show up in other posts I'll let you know. One of my favorites from my parents was a Lacoste watch and Ryan's is an air compressor.

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

whoa! you did GOOD. jealous!

Jessica Krzyz said...

video of coco was precious!