{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Saturday, October 1, 2011

2011-2012 Teaching Goals

    For work I have to fill out a paper every year to list three of my teaching goals. The goals are reviewed at our mid year conference with our director and at our end of year review. Terrifying last year, but the admin staff gave me 'exceeds expectation's on everything. The highest is outstanding and she saide she rarely gives those. Needless to say, it was flattering!

    This year coming up with goals was a lot easier than last year. As a first year teacher I didn't know what to expect. Now that things are completely different and flipped upside down with me in charge the goals naturally occurred to me. Also, as a team leader I came up with three goals.

The goals are:
-Teaching goals
  1. Develop the same level of relationships with the parents this year as last year.
  2. Allow time to connect with my new co-teacher. Diving tasks to not get overwhelmed.
  3. Restructure the lesson plan with room for specific activities, learning objectives and idividual monthly goals.
-Team Leader goals
  1. Connect with each teacher on my team. Get to know them and gain their trust.
  2. Be accountable for departments actions/decisions/inactions. Stay on top of changes.
  3. Be more outspoken in meetings.
There are action step and also leadership team support sections, but I won't go in to that. I plan to restructure that lesson plan really soon.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm a new follower!
I work with kids also :) those sound like wonderful goals!

www.lauralearningtolove.blogspot.com