{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Monday, September 5, 2011

Table Talk

     My parents bought us a new bed for our wedding gift. I told them it was too much, after all they did buy me a beautiful wedding. When Ryan and I started talking about moving my parents said they would buy us a dining room table and chairs. I once again said that would be too much, and we could find one on Craigslist or at a garage sale. That's how I got my old dining table. My grandparents were on the lookout for me when I moved to Waco. They found a nice rectangular table of a boring oak color in decent condition for something around $35. It was a little wobbly, but nothing tightening a screw didn't fix.

     I figured we'd do the same thing since my dad used that table for a desk in his kitchen in which he sawed it in half! Thanks a lot. So, he felt bad and wanted to buy us a table. I gave in and told him something very cheap like my first one, but he insisted on a table that was nice and would last.

     We ended up at Conn's, possibly his favorite store, and got a small four seater table in his price range (which was too high!). It sits up high and has a cute little nook below the table top. I like it and can't wait to move it into our apartment!

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

I'm SO excited for you! If you need help moving in or anything we can always get a babysitter and help ya' out! You MUST have us over for dinner though once you are all settled!

Jessica Krzyz said...

cute! cant wait to see pictures of the place. i just bought a new bed last weekend, LOVE IT. miss!