{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Monday, August 15, 2011

Treats

     I've had the idea in my head for a while to make snack bags for my lunches. You know, to cut down on the ziploc baggie usage. Those things get expensive. I found a tutorial over on Pinterest but decided to play around and make my own pattern etc. It's super simple really. Mind you the little snack bag on pinterest looks better than mine, but they're a work in progress. My sewing skills are very beginner.

     I still think they're pretty cool. I've only made six and I'm working with the dimensions to make more. I couldn't find the polyurethane coated nylon pack cloth in stores and didn't want to wait to order it online. So for my test runs I just bought a plastic tablecloth with the polyester backing for an extra secure hold. It's probably not the safest thing to eat from, but what plastic is really?

     I played around with the sizes and came out with some funky stuff, but was able to use the really long one to temporarily store coupons, so it works. The others i haven't quite figured out what to do with. I have three that I made and used last week. One for a sandwich (the size was a total accident) and two for chips and other things; cheese cubes, broccoli, celery, carrot sticks!

     I found these cute fabrics at Hobby Lobby 30% off. I just walked around until I found something that grabbed my attention being as that I've never shopped for fabric before. It was fun!


Here are progress shots of the latest snack bag ( I must say my straight sewing lins are getting so good!):

The fabric and liner cut out
Fold the ends over and sew together
Sew the sides together, inside out
And attach the velcro. I wanted white, but Ryan bought this stuff a while ago for a project and it's the stick on stuff so it's easy.
And here's the final product closed. It's on an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of printer paper to give you an idea of dimensions.
Here's a picture for depth. It will hold a lot of chips! Yum


No comments: