{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Friday, August 12, 2011

Team Leader

     As I said a week or so ago, I am the new team leader for the infant/young toddler department at my school. I consider it a huge honor and very flattering that the admin team and other team leaders nominated, and chose me to be the new team leader.
     My first team leader meeting was on Tuesday. I was the last to show up to the meeting, because I am in a classroom at scheduled meeting time, so the woman who was supposed to cover me was ten minutes late. I get to the meeting and they sing "For she's a jolly good fellow" (a tradition at our school to sing this song), quite embarrassing.
     I think the experience will be great. Some of the women have a hard time focusing on anyone but their own department and classroom. I definitely think that I will have to work hard to think about the whole of my small department and not just my class. I am over four classes, 9 teachers. Two of the classes are 12 month programs (mine included) and two are 9 month programs. The 9 month programs work very differently so, I have my work cut out for me. I am excited to learn it all and be a part of the department leaders team.
     The meeting was drab, but reminded me of how quickly this 12 months is coming to a close, and how much beginning of the year stuff I don't remember. The new school year is going to be a doozy.

1 comment:

Jessica Krzyz said...

you'll do fine!! congrats!