{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Monday, August 15, 2011

Jewelry Fix

     No, I don't mean like going shopping to acquire more cute jewelry to mix and match! I mean really fixing the jewelry that I have. My parents bought me this cute owl necklace from Paris for my birthday. I wore it to Sunday school two weeks ago, I teach pre-k & 5's, and it broke, because one of the children was hanging on me. The finding wasn't strong enough to support a fully grown five year old.
     Ryan and I went to Michael's that day, because Hobby Lobby was closed, and found a packet of findings that closely matched the silver of the neclace. This is not my first jewelry fix. I found cute yellow earrings for the bridesmaids from Charming Charlie and upon getting them home decided I didn't like them at the length they were made. So, I used plyers and just unfastened each loop on the earrings that I wanted to take off. Piece of cake. They were really cute after that.
     I also bought a pair of sparrow earrings on super sale from Forever 21 and didn't like the length of those either. So, I took off one of the sparrows, but am yet still not satisfied with the length. I may change them again.
Look at all that junk that went on each earring.
     I also, have a pair of black rose earrings from Francesca's that recently broke. One of the flowers just came unglued. A little super glue and good as new. So, I knew that the owl wouldn't be hard.
Ta-Da...
Broken finding
Mended finding

No comments: