{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Wedding Anniversary

     One year and three days ago I married my high school sweetheart. I love Ryan for everything he is: a man of God, smart, funny, quirky, nerdy, affectionate, compassionate, loving, and faithful (to name a few). He is amazing and I thank the Lord we were put together. He makes me laugh, smile, admire, and he puts me at ease. Things are difficult without him.

     There have been lots of bumps in our first year of marriage. Things that totally suck: living arrangements, money, jobs, sickness. But we've struggled through these things and have managed to keep our faith in the Lord and stand firm in God's grace. I envy people at times and know very well I shouldn't. I want my life to be a certain way. I see my friends buying houses, having babies and being quite successful in thier jobs and lives. But I know God has greater plans for us and I have to remember that.

     We are exactly where God wants us a year after he joined us as one.

The wedding (big picture reveal never before seen footage :)
One year later