{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break

This past week was my spring break! Ahh. It sure felt good to leave work worries behind to relax clean, and be sick. It has been nice not having to get up early and fight traffic to and from work, but I do love my job and miss my babies dearly! I can't wait to get back to see them. I thought I'd mention that my spring break falls the week before Easter week, which means, I have one whole week off, a four day work week, a four day Easter weekend, and finally followed by another four day work week. Planned that perfectly if I do say so myself. :)

And now for my Spring Break recap:
Saturday: I went to a conference at work at 8:30 in the morning, interesting, but too early. This is when I started to really feel sick.
Johnathon's birthday dinner at Texas Land & Cattle. The best steak I've ever had btw.
Sunday: Mom's birthday
Pictures posted here.
Monday: I scrubbed the bathroom and reorganized the bathroom closet.
I also cleaned up the bedroom and Ryan and I rearranged the furniture. There's a much better flow and use of space in the tiny bedroom.
Tuesday: Ryan got home from work early, so we cleaned out the shed and took pictures of things to put on Craigslist. We'll give it a week and if it doesn't sell we'll donate it and recycle the electronics.
Wednesday: I went to the Sil's. Vena and I hung out and played LBP2 on the PS3. We had frozen yogurt at Mango Tango, a little place close to their house. It was good, but they didn't have my favorite flavors: Blueberry and pomegranate. Then we hit up a small asian food place that the Sils like called Cafe Asian. It was a good time.
I also had to go to a seminar at work on Wednesday night that our music teacher Ms. Winkie was hosting. It was about teaching music to children. Loads of fun. I love Ms. Winkie.
Thursday: I had lunch with my mom bought more allergy medicine in hopes that it makes me feel better. 
Went to the Astros game against the Padres. Go 'Stros! We won, with one point. Ha

Friday: I finally decided to go to the doctor. After arriving at the wrong location and rescheduling for an hour later the doctor told me I have a sinus infection that is probably allergy mediated given the duration of the illness. He prescribed me a steroid to help with the swelling, a nasal spray Flonase to also help with swelling, and finally an antibiotic. yay. I can breathe better now. I'm so glad I decided to go see the doctor. I also shopped around for some things I have my eye on, but to no avail I found nothing.

Saturday: Ryan's parents left for their anniversary! Yay. House to ourselves for a few days. We tackled the yard and did things I've never done. Posted previously.

Sunday: We went to church and Ryan's sisters came over for lunch and we went to Hector's. Yum. Then we watched the worst movie ever, Kick-A**. Sucko! Then we finished the rest of the yard work.
I am exhausted and kind of forgot my morning routine before work. I need to go get ready for a four day work week!

1 comment:

Jessica Krzyz said...

okay, cecilly. kick ass is one my favorite movies. ur ridic.