{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ready, set . . . can we slow down?

     Yesterday Ryan and I went to look for a place to live when we get married. We want to rent a small house or something instead of an apartment, because of the dog. He's small, but a pain to walk three times a day. We hit up a realty company that showed us six properties. Everything in College Station is pretty old and not old enough to be cool, just kind of gross. So, most of the things we saw weren't in great condition and they are small. Ryan said we could not get a nice apartment in the price range we've set and the houses in our price range are as described above. We did however see one small duplex, two bedrooms, only one bathroom, a garage, washer and dryer inside, and a fenced backyard.
 
     This was one of the last places we saw. The picture is listed on their website as the house we looked at, but it's the wrong house. However, it does look similar. It's same color and brick, but the garage door is blue on the duplex we looked at. It's fine for Ryan and I and Coco, because it has a backyard. It's $100 more that I wanted to pay, but worth it compared to the stuff we saw for less. There is some wallpaper in the dining room, kitchen, and bathroom that I will INSIST on taking down and probably painting. It's pretty awful. Ryan and I are going to pray about this and give the guy an answer by the end of the week. I'm excited and nervous, because I don't know how we're going to pay for everything. I know God will provide and I need to have faith, because we are his beloved and he cares for us. 
     It was a fun day. Reality is setting in, but I'm not ready yet. There's so much left to do before we get married!

No comments: