{The Father of mercies and God of all comfort}

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Perfect Day

     Okay the day wasn't perfect, but the weather sure was! It was so beautiful Coco and I decided to take a stroll around the apartments. We encountered a squirrel chewing on some grass that was not phased by being nose to nose with my beastly mutt. Then I said, "get it Coco" and he kind of jumped around on the leash and the squirrel jumped onto the tree. Mind you, he did not climb it, but sat there chewing on his grass watching us. Then we turned the corner and Coco got freaked by a bbq pit that was turned on it's side under the stairs. He jumped back and started barking. Hackles standing and all. He was very upset by the tiny bbq pit. It was a good walk in the perfect weather.
     I had to put Lola, my engagement ring, into the shop 2 weeks ago, because the center stone came loose. This is the second time it's happened and the jewelry store says it's normal, but I don't like it of course. Well I got her back today and she is sparkly and fixed! After that I went to Forever 21 and bought two cardigans. Man I love cardigans. They're great. One is for everyday wear when the weather warms up and the classrooms go ice cold and the other is to wear over the dress I bought for my bachelorette party!
     This morning before class I stopped by the restroom on the first floor of Carol Science and the stall I chose had three post it notes and one was a Jonny Diaz song with the lyrics "there can never be a more beautiful you." The bottom of the post its said operation beautiful. So I checked it out. http://operationbeautiful.com/ It's enlightening and reminds me of the Dove campaign. I did feel beautiful.
 
     Yesterday work was really hard and the kids were CRAZY. I worked twice as hard as I normally have to and was exhausted by the end of the day. I got paint and syrup on my favorite wear-all jeans. 

1 comment:

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

i am so glad you found an operation beautiful note!